Thursday, January 22, 2009

Change


I feel like there is going to be a lot of change in 2009. Some big things, some small things, personal things and things worldwide. America changed yesterday. We made history upon inaugurating our first Black President. What a jump from 50 years ago!

Change can be daunting. I know I like change when “I” want something or “I” think something needs to be differnt. Yet, how do I feel when I’m on the other end… when somebody else thinks change needs to happen and I like things the way they are. Deep down I know change is good. It keeps me on my toes. It helps me be alert and extremely aware of my surroundings. Change prevents me from getting stuck in a rut (that I may or may not want to get out of).

We're only 3 weeks into 2009 and I find myself in the midst of change. Syrus wrote “A rolling stone can gather no moss.” Despite the excitement, conflict, insecurities, and anticipation I feel for this year I know I becoming the person I am supposed to be. I am striving not to become stagnant. If I keep moving, keep growing, keep searching, I will find hidden treasures in the rough. My heart desires so much more than this world can offer but "this world" is where I am right now. This is where I will choose to persue what is put before me.

No comments: