Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Enchanted Christmas

A couple different nights this past week I've gone out at night and looked at Christmas lights. I don't know what it is about them that captivates me. I think part of this seasonal tradition brings out my inner child. When I was little my family used to go on walks around the neighbourhood to see who had the best light display. I think another part to this "inner child" mystery is the simple fact that lights make a house look enchanted. The lights bring the house to life.
When I was in New Zealand I was shocked to learn Christmas lights were a rare thing to be found! It makes sense being it's summer, their days are getting longing not shorter, and electricity costs are way more expensive. Since being back on this side of the Pacific I've had a much greater appreciation for Christmas lights.
There are even rumors it might snow this weekend... Christmas lights look WAY cooler (no pun intended) when there's snow involved! It makes it seem even more magical.

No comments: