Monday, December 1, 2008

Me


I watched the movie Four Seasons recently and it reminded me of how thankful I am for my family. I've spent a lot of time interacting with family this past week; ranging all the way from new born babies to aging grandparents and everything in between. My family isn't perfect by an means. We get upset, argue, think our own personal problems are bigger than everybody else's problems. Yep, family is messy. Yet the older I get the more I've come to the realization that this big ball of "mess" is worth fighting for.
When I was living in NZ I've never felt so far from family in my life (probably because that was the furthest I'd ever been.. insightful I know:). All in all, the imperfections are part of me. They are part of my heritage--they are there for me to learn from. There is never going to be a "perfect or right time" for me to claim my relation... the most I can do is dive in and and see it for the beautiful mess it is. It is a continual work in progress. One that probably won't make sense till I can look down on it from heaven and see the beautiful picture God created amidst the chaos. I love my family. I don't tell them enough. I don't want to have regrets. I want to know I loved them before it's too late and they're no longer here to love. I love the quirks, the accomplishments, the messiness, and all the stories that come with it. It's part of who I am and why I am the way I am. This is me and my beautiful mess.

1 comment:

.heidi.noelle. said...

This sounds oh so familiar...hehe...and hey! Another movie?! Who are you and what did you do with my friend who HATES movie theaters???