Thursday, January 5, 2012

Looking Back and Jumping Forward


Welcome 2012!!! It is a NEW year. I am so excited to see what this coming year brings:)

I always like to take some time to reflect on the past year; it's amazing how much happens and how much you can forget over a few months. Things that were once a huge deal are now lost in the memory bank and we're on to the next big thing. The one word I feel describes 2011 for me would be OVERWHELMING. There were a lot of big things and even more little things that made this year seem so incredibly full.

Spiritually and emotionally it has been extremely challenging but filled with so many moments of blessing. I wrestled with God, asking if Brian was the person I was supposed to marry. Was he the person that would bring out the best in me (and probably the worst at times) as we try to figure out this blessing called life? Could we "do ministry" together? And what would that look like? What does it mean to be a wife?!?! I was so scared of becoming someone who "settled" once they said "I do". Would I become too content, let life become routine and wake spiritually dead? I cried out to God asking for answers. The answers didn't come exactly how I wanted/expected them, but God gave me clarity and assurance. From dating to engagement to being married, I have seen the faith Brian and I have grow so much. We have had some rough patches where Satan wanted nothing better than for us to go down the path of anger, worry and frustration. Lots of tear were cried (pretty much all on my part) but we were able to dig deeper and draw on strength from the Holy Spirit.


Work has been an experience too. Rocky Mountain High was my "biggy" and it was truly amazing to watch unfold. I know with all my heart that the youth events Bob and I plan could not happen without the teams of people who surround and help us. I was pushed to the max, was tired and stressed but know without a doubt that God has called me to a time and place such as this. Despite the pure exhaustion at times, I am using my God given gifts and love what I do. Sometime I wonder, like when I found out I had to reenter a 1,000 rooming assignments the night before registration started. But then I see nights where the building floor shakes because people can't contain their excitement for what Jesus is doing in their lives, friend are crawling over rows of people to stand next to each other and commit their live to Jesus. Moments like that make all the late nights worth it. I was able to walk away from the summer saying " I survived Rocky"!!!! Brian and I were able to go together and both experienced the renewing of the Spirit surrounded by mountains.
Through the highs and the lows of 2011 my cup has been filled and overflows. So now its on to 2012... guess we'll have to wait and see where this years adventures decide to take us!!!!

No comments: