Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Traveling Adventures

A little over a week ago I jumped on a plane and ventured out to Iowa. I was able to visit my brother and spend some quality time with his family. Some humorous moments along included my nephew asking me if I flew in on a Fighter Plane (Sioux Falls Airport shares its run way with the Air Guard—a small division of the US Air Force). What aunt can say no a pair of excited big blue eyes on a 4 year old in a moment like that! Not to mention I was having visions of Tom Cruise and Top Gun flashing though my mind—I answered YES to his question without a missing a beat.

On my flight home, I had a layover in Minneapolis. I decided to wander around the airport to occupy some time. In my wandering, I discover there are vending machines for electronic devices now! I'm accustom to seeing chips and chocolate bars pop out… now I can go up with my credit card press B9 and out comes an iPod!!! I think I’m being hit with the realization that I am getting “oldER”.

As I boarded the plane that evening, I proceed to make way to my seat. I like window seats. As I was maneuvering over to my seat my butt clears not one but all of the pop-down-trays-against-the-seat. Horrified at the sight of the trays flapped down (and a now red face at this point) I placed the trays in the upright position as fast I could and prayed nobody saw the recent parade of events occurring in row 29 involving my larger-than-life-a**! Apparently my eating habits have not only decided to affect my love handles but have decided to love by backside a little more as well. As I sat waiting for take-off, my brain jumped 25 years ahead and I thought "if I’m feeling like this at 26 what on earth am I going to be feeling like at 50!"

In all honesty, I’m not that worried about what I’ll look like when I’m 50 (only a little:). I am choosing to enjoy life where it’s at and I’m having a great time! I love to laugh, even if it’s at myself. I really do believe laughter is the best medicine. And NO I don't think I'm fat... I just happened to have an "I feel fat" moment.