Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Turn Of Events

Exactly one month from today I'm going to pile all of my belongings into my car and start driving the 1704 miles (2742 km) in pursuit of something great that was placed before me. Earlier this month I received a job offer to be an Event Coordinator for a Youth Director in Orange City, IA. I said yes and am taking the plunge into the unknown. I am venturing to the midwest, the heartland, the land of never ending corn:) I am both excited and scared about this move but I know I am making the right move and God is directing my steps.

I made a list of things I want to do before I leave Lynden (let me know if you want to do any of these with me!):

  • Visit Lummi Island (I would love to be able to bike around it)
  • Dress up and have dinner at Giuseppes
  • Order something from the Taco Bus (Bakerview or The Guide)
  • Go ALL the way around lake Padden (I've only gone part way!)
  • Go Curling in Canada with friends again
  • Watch a movie at the Twilight Drive-In
  • Eat lots of Tim Hortons, Mr. Bigs, and Goodie Rings
This last month is going to be a blast. I will miss Whatcom County and the people here... this last year has been so much fun entailing so many memories. I plan to make the most of these next 4 weeks. And am excited so see what is waiting for me Iowa!!!

1 comment:

.heidi.noelle. said...

I am excited to see too!!!