Thursday, March 19, 2009

Good Bye

It's finally here: the week of "lasts". Next Wednesday I will be en route to the Midwest. This past week I've been thinking about the process of letting go. Part of me wishes there was a special 3-step-process to making a goodbye successful. But I've also realized part of the beauty in letting go is enjoying all the different ways it comes about.

I decided to start my chain of goodbyes beginning with one of "my spots". I embraced the drive, took my journal and sat in "my special place". Just me, my pen, and God. I soaked in the beauty and took the time to remember all the times I've sat there. I cherished the moments. Some made me want to cry others made me laugh and smile.


Letting go isn't always easy for me but I know there are great things waiting for me in
Iowa. I know I will find new spots I like to go, I will make new friends who will love me and challenge me where I'm at. It will become home. All I can do I move forward and let the craziness begin:) And that is exactly what I am going to do!

2 comments:

.heidi.noelle. said...

Ahhh...the season of change. Makes me think of when I was a kid and I used to stand on our porch when a thunder storm was coming and I could smell the rain. Love you. xx

Unknown said...

Change is a great and challenging thing huh. Being able to close a season in your life is a great skill to have as it sets you free to embrace the future with both arms.