Wednesday, February 25, 2015

It Is Well

The last 2 weeks have been kinda crazy in the Oordt house.  We have some big changes around the corner. I feel as though my emotions have been on a constant roller coaster. One moment the anticipation is building and it's really exciting and the next I'm diving through twist and turns not knowing what to expect and feeling completely out of control.

The only constant I've had lately, is constantly being on my knees in prayer.  Praying Colossians 3 over and over again. For kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; that I would be able to wear LOVE and let PEACE rule in my heart.

I had Pandora on at work this morning, and the song It Is Well came on.  I just soaked in the words and let them speak to my heart.  Here are some of the lyrics: 

Far be it from me to not believe
Even when my eyes can't see

And this mountain that's in front of me
Will be thrown into the midst of the sea

Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
Through it all, through it all
It is well

So let go my soul and trust in Him
The waves and wind still know His name

It is well with my soul

My prayer today, is that no matter what you're going through - that you're able to let your soul go and TRUST Jesus.  He knows what you're going through and he knows what the future holds.  He KNOWS what it's like to be on the mountain top and He knows what it's like in the valley.  As you fight for everything that is good and true and noble and right - may your eyes look UP and your mind know it WELL with your soul.

(Here is the full song if you want to listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txg5nOIZYO8)

No comments: